Meadows Early Learning Center in Parker, COJanuary 23, 2017
How to Get Your Credit Ready to Buy a HomeFebruary 6, 2017
Budget friendly projects with a big ROI
Not all home improvement projects are created equal. Some renovations may cost a lot but not add significant value to your home. This list goes in the opposite direction: Here are some inexpensive home improvement projects that will not only increase your enjoyment of your home, but will also increase the home’s value.
- High quality ceiling fans: In a recent National Association of Home Builders survey, ceiling fans ranked No. 1 as the most-wanted decorative item. If your ceiling fans are outdated, replace them with something in the $400 range—it’ll make a big difference when it’s time to sell.
- Trees: Mature trees can be worth as much as $10,000 toward the value of your home. Trees also protect your home from the elements and prevent erosion.
- Energy efficiency: Buyers are increasingly interested in saving energy, so any efficiency update is worthwhile. Switching from a wood to gas fireplace is a great start.
- Outdoor lighting: Exterior lighting is great for highlighting the accents of your home, and you can typically expect a 50 percent return on investment.
- Molding: You can finish a room with crown molding or railing for as little as $1.50 per foot if you take a DIY approach, and it’s extremely desirable among prospective buyers.
Karen & Company REALTY is a boutique real estate firm specializing in South Denver. We have been the #1 full-service agent in Parker, CO for resale homes in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016. We also have been the #1 agent in Stonegate for over the last ten years! Contact us with any real estate need that you might have at www.SouthDenverDigs.com or 303-798-2290.